Green tea has one of the longest history and culture in the universe. As wikipedia, says
“Tea consumption has its legendary origins in China of more than 4,000 years ago. Green tea has been used as both a beverage and a method of traditional medicine in most of Asia, including China, Japan, Vietnam, Korea and Thailand, to help everything from controlling bleeding and helping heal wounds to regulating body temperature, blood sugar and promoting digestion. A book written in the Tang Dynasty of China is considered one of the most important in the history of green tea. The book was written by LU Yu and is called the “Tea Classic” or “Cha Jing”. It was written between 600 and 900 AD and spoke about exactly how and where one could enjoy a fine cup of green tea. “
The Chinese green tea category include Longjing, Hi Ming, Long Ding, Hua Ding, Qing Ding, Gunpowder, Bi Luo Chun, Rain Flower, Que She (Tongue of golde altar sparrow), White Cloud, Jasmine tea, Mao Feng Tea, Cui Jian, Yu Lu, Xin Yang Mao Jian, Chun Mee, Gou Gu Nao, Yun Wu, Da Fang, Huangshan Maofeng, Liuan Leaf, Hou Kui, Tun Lu, Huo Qing, Wuliqing, Hyson, Zhu Ye Qing, Meng Ding Gan Lu.
Twinings Green Tea and Other Tea
You might want to know what’s the difference between green tea and black tea. They are actually from the same family. As publisher J Peter Crane describes,
This ancient drink comes from the camellia sinensis plant, as do oolong and black tea. The leaves are harvested green, steamed to reduce oxidation, dried and rolled. Oolong and black teas are made from the same plant. The difference is that oolong and black tea leaves are fermented as part of their curing process, which produces different flavors. Unfortunately this also allows oxidation to reduce the amounts of important compounds in the leaf.
Green tea benefits come from flavonoids or polyphenols, with the most important being catechins. The most powerful catechin is known as EGCG, which provides the beneficial antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic functions.
The green tea health benefits are centered on the magical compounds in EGCG. Besides being a powerful antioxidant, it contains carotenoids, tocopherols, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), minerals such as chromium, zinc, manganese, selenium, and other phytochemical compounds.
Now that we know that green tea and Oolong are from the same plant, and that green tea has more benefits for health, what would you choose to have? I personally like green tea, especially Twining green tea because it’s tea bag convenience, save time and still delicious.
Twinings Green Tea History
Twinings tea has a history as well since that tea and culture are related.
Let’s take a look at the history of Twinings—-”In 1706 Twinings was one of the first companies to introduce tea drinking to the English. In 2006, Twinnings celebrated 300 years of supplying the finest teas. Twinings’ founder Thomas Twining first began selling tea from premises of The Strand in London, which remains today. Word of this exotic, new drink quickly spread and soon Twinings’ tea was de rigueur—-eighteenth century English novelist Jane Austen and Charles II Earl Grey weer fans. Thomas Twining’s pledge to create exceptinoal teas for everyone has remained the company’s cornerstone for generations and the Twining family have contributed much in establishing tea drinking as the well loved tradition it is today.“
Compare with other tea, how much caffeine and calories contain in Twinings green tea? Here’s a table of comparison from Twining.
Herbal Teas – 0 mg
Black/Flavored-up to 34 mg
Oolong Teas – up to 32 mg
Green Teas – up to 30 mg
White Teas – up to 25 mg
Without milk, black tea is both calorie and fat-free. With a splash of low-fat milk, a cup of Twinings tea has about 14 calories.
Now 14 calories of a drink sounds tempting compare with Popping Boba bubble tea , especially that it come with antioxidant and minerals. Let’s go to the “how to” make a delicious cup of Twining green tea.
Unlike making tea with loose tea leaves, it’s easy and simple to make tea with tea bags. Here is a simple way tea fan Ryan does it.
“Almost boiling water and a steeping time of 4 to 5 minutes. Tea bags by nature are efficient and easy way to enjoy your Green Tea, especially if you are on the move and don’t have the time, or the equipment to follow my (or a similar) brewing method.
The quality of Green Tea in bags is in most cases lower. Especially supermarket bought tea bags.
Also … the leaves are broken, and the bag itself restricts loose leaves from fully opening. If your tea bags contain particles of tea, then you will need to adjust your brewing method to compensate. More heat and a longer steeping time will be needed.“
Now that you got a hand of the “how to”, it time for you to grab your favourite snacks and treat yourself with a fresh brewed Twinings green tea.
Incoming search terms:
- twinings jasmine green tea caffeine content
- twinings green tea caffeine content
- health benefits of Twinnings green tea
- twinings green tea
- twinings green tea benefits
- does twinings green tea have caffeine
- caffeine in twinings green tea
- twinings green tea caffeine
- twinings long jin tea
- how much caffeine in twinings green tea
- twinings green tea jasmine benefits
- twinings GREEN TEA HAS CAFFEINE
- best egcg twinings
- how much caffeine in twinings jasmine green tea
- does twinings jasmine green tea have caffeine
- does the kcup green tea have catechins
- the mineral content of twinings green tea
- twinings green tea with jasmine caffeine
- which twinning which tea has the most caffeine
- where is twinnings green tea from
- twinings kcup green tea caffiene amount
- where does twinings green tea come from
- twinings long jing tea nutrition
- twinnings tea is it from japan
- twinnings long jing green tea calories
- twinnings green tea flavonoids
- twinnings green tea catechins
- twinning green tea caffeine
- twinings tea with most caffeine
- twinings tea caffeine content
- twinings oolong tea caffeine content
- twinings tea egcg
- twinings caffeine content
- how many grams of flavonoids in twinings green tea
- how many catechins in twinings green tea with mint
- hot much is twinning
- average caffeine in twinings green tea
- green tea caffeine twinings
- does twinings green tea with jasmine have senna in it
- caffiene content of twinings tea
- caffeine in twinings green jasmine tea
- how much caffeine does twinings green tea have
- how much caffeine has twinnings pure green tea
- how much caffeine in a twinings k cup green tea
- twining green tea caffeine levels
- twiniings passion flower green tea
- caffine in twinnings green tea
- longjing twinings
- is twinings green tea caffeinated
- HOW MUCH WATER FOR ONE TWININGS TEA BAG